Skip to main content

BFF Card


I made this card for the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog's Challenge Me Monday #71.  Wow, that's a mouth full, LOL.  This weeks challenge was to make a card for a friend.  Now, I have a friend in mind for this card, but if I say it on here it'll give it away before she can get it!!
ALL cardstock is from The Paper Company's value packs.
I started with a 5 1/2"x 8 1/2" piece of blue cardstock and folded it in half for the base of my card.  Then, for my first layer, I cut a piece of light green card stock at 5 1/4"x 4".  I layered a piece of lavender colored cardstock that was cut at 5 1/4"x 2 1/2" on the top half of the green cardstock using my ATG gun.  I covered up the "seem" of where the papers meet with a piece of light pink grosgrain ribbon and secured it on the back using regular Scotch tape.  I attached the whole thing to the base of the card using my ATG gun.
I used the "Create a Critter" cartridge with my Cricut Expression to cut the Lamb and the Moon.  I cut the lamb at 3 1/2" and the moon at 2".  I secured the lamb to my card using 3D-Dots to make her pop off of the page making her the main focal point.  I attached the moon using my ATG gun.
Then to finish off my card I used a My Pink Stamper stamp from her "Even More Punny-licious" set with a Stampin Up! Classic, Creamy Caramel, ink pad for my sentiment. 


I wanted to use some light pastel colors for this card because they seemed more warm and inviting.  The exact feeling that I want to give my friend.  I hope you all enjoyed it!!


Happy Crafting!!!!

Comments

  1. Aw, so sweet. :) I love that happy little sheep - her bows are darling. Fabulous card! I'm sure your friend will love it!
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Love the cute little lamb! I am sure your friend will love it! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!
    Glenda
    FCCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so, so sweet! The soft colours are perfect and I love the happy faces on the little lamb and moon. Super sentiment too! I'm sure your friend will love this!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all sooo much for your comments!!! They really make me smile!!!
    -Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very sweet card! I love the sweet lamb and the moon matches perfectly. This would also be a cute baby card.
    Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!
    Sabrina
    http://scrappinwithsabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!! I love CAC! Thanks for sharing it with us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your lovely comments!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Danger ATC

This is an Artist Trading Card (ATC) that I created for the Diemond Dies' Design Team Call.  The background is a couple different mixed media techniques, mod podging tissue paper with lots of wrinkles in it and then stamping on top of it.  Then I used some Shimmerz Texturez to add even more texture and then some gray gesso is added in there too. I used some corrugated cardboard to add some texture and then I used the Tim Holtz Tattered Banners Die and Bat & Skull dies for my embellishments.   On the bat I covered it with haematite Inka Gold, buffed it and then adhered it with 3-D Dots.  The skull I gessoed, colored it with my Faber Castell Big Brush Pens and then used some Shimmerz Texturez to put the "cracks" on it. This is one of my favorite ATCs that I have ever made.  I hope you enjoyed it too!! Happy Crafting!!!!  

Time to Create a Unique View

This is an altered canvas that I created for Diemond Dies' Design Team call.  It was my first big mixed media project and I absolutely love how it turned out!!!! I got lots of different close up pics. I just love that clock piece in the corner! This view finder die is a must have, it was so much fun to use!  I cut it in black chipboard and then again in chipboard covered in white paper.  I then took the squares from the black one that I cut out and put them in the white one and it actually looks like a view finder disc!! Don't forget the sides of your canvases! So pretty! The arrow is pointing to the way to read the words for the title of the canvas, completely unintentional. Love those butterflies.  I got these in a swap but I know you can find them on Etsy! Well I hope you enjoyed my pics, if you have any questions please just ask.  As you will see in future posts I did end up making the team.

Frisky Melon!!

 I made this card for the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog's Challenge Me Monday Contest!!  Yay!!  I started with a piece of pink cardstock cut at 5 1/2"x 8 1/2" and folded it in half for the base of my card.  This was from one of The Paper Company's value packs.  Then I cut a piece of black cardstock, also from The Paper Company, at 5 1/4"x 4" and used it as my first layer.  I attached this using my ATG gun. For my second layer I cut a piece of paper from the Colorbok Pattern Pack at 5"x 3 3/4".  I then wrapped a piece of grosgrain ribbon around it and secured it in the back using regular tape.  Then I attached the whole thing using my ATG gun.   I cut the watermelon at 4" using the "Stretch Your Imagination" cartridge with my Cricut Expression.  I used a black, pink and green paper, all were from The Paper Company value packs.  I attached it to the card using 3D-Dots. Then to finish off this card I added a My Pink St